When talking about Digital Marketing, many people focus on SEO and Social Media. And sometimes, only on one of these two.
Digital Marketing is way bigger than that. It is an element in the Marketing strategy.
Digital marketing is the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium.
Digital marketing refers to any type of marketing activity that applies any forms of digital technology.
Digital marketing activities include conducting market research using digital marketing research tools, analysing marketing performance using digital analytics software, and launching digital display ads using digital advertising platforms.
Compared to traditional advertising methods such as print, billboards, and TV, digital marketing is primarily data-driven.
Many popular digital advertising platforms today provide access to campaign reports for comprehensive data analysis.
It is difficult to make an exhaustive list of all the tools/channels that are available in Digital Marketing, but here you can find a first list that it is worth while looking at:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Inbound Marketing
- Programmatic Advertising
Some interesting links:
- On hubstop an interesting definition followed by the important steps of a strategy.
- Why do we need Digital Marketing strategy? Smart Insights gives 10 answers.
- From the Equinet Academy an exhaustive explanation illustrated with examples.
- Neil Patel brings very interesting input on Digital Marketing. It’s worth while reading this, even if it takes a little bit of time.
- The magazine Forbes ask the question about the future of Digital Marketing. Which is a strange but funny question! Are we really at Marketing 4.0?
- When it is about Digital Marketing, The Digital Marketer has somehting to say, and it is interesting.
- For Digital Marketing, as for everything, there are trends. What are they?
- The Social Ms is a blog with very professional information about Digital Marketing, strategies and examples.