What is UX – User Experience?The exact definition, as outlined by the International Organization for Standardization, is a “person’s perceptions and responses resulting from the use and or anticipated use of a product, system or service.”
Why is it so important to focus on UX?According to Marketers, by 2020 UX will be more important than product or price as b>brand differentiator.
This is already extremely strong for B2C customers. It is also becoming true for B2B customers as they are increasingly expecting the same service levels they experience with online B2C sales at home.
When talking about UX, most of the people are thinking and talking about UX design on the Web.
This approach is way too narrow!
UX encompasses all aspects of the end-user’s interaction with the company, its services, and its products.
Some interesting links:
- A very interesting and informative post on User Testing.
- Peter Morville on Semantic Studio explains the evolution of UX and this is extremely well done.
- Nielsen Norman Group is a reference in understanding customers, user experience.
- Usability.gov describes the factors that influence UX.
- Steve Dore from MIV published a very interesting post on LinkedIn.